Pages

Thursday 5 July 2018

πŸ’« The Milky Way πŸ’«

IALT: Showcase my MILKY WAY presentation to my audience !

 Aloha and greetings to you all... 
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG! 

For the past few weeks, KIA MANAWANUI have been working collaboratively in groups for our INQUIRY INVESTIGATION which is related to our topic of the term - Earth & Beyond! So in my group was Kensington, Constance and Arizona, we ALL began to work on a presentation but firstly, we had to come up with a couple of questions that are interesting so when we ALL agreed on it - we straight away created our DLO (Digital Learning Object) to get started ! 

The questions we agreed on were :
  •  When was the Milky Way discovered?
  •  How was the Milky Way formed?
  •  Who was the first person to discover the Milky Way? 
  • Is the Milky Way a galaxy?
  •  How old is the Milky Way?
  • Where does the Milky Way gets its name from? And why? 
  • And Are there other names to the Milky Way? 

Here is my group & I's DLO :


Myself & my group worked VERY hard on this presentation to complete it which did take some time but it was worth finishing it ! For me .... I got to learn a LOT of facts about The Milky Way and to be honest, in the beginning - I didn't even know what the Milky Way was until I researched about it. 

Some facts I learnt about The Milky Way was that in there are over 100 BILLION stars in the galaxy, there are still enough gas & dust to make more and that the old stars are placed in the center of the Milky Way while the newborn stars are on the outer Milky Way !

Thanks for reading, and I hoped you enjoyed this blog post !

Once again, MALO!

No comments:

Post a Comment