Pages

Thursday 26 July 2018

πŸ™ŒπŸ½ Kapa Haka πŸ™ŒπŸ½

IALT: Reflect about Kapa Haka!

Kia Ora and greetings to you all...

WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!


Image result for Kapa haka

Even though I previously blogged about having Kapa Haka on Tuesday, we ALSO had Kapa Haka today which is Thursday. Today's Kapa Haka practice was different, because first of all, we ALL had to go through our action song that we did and then we ALSO got to practice a NEW song. So what I'm trying to say is when we first went our Kapa Haka lesson, we got taught the entrance song, then we got taught the action song and now we got taught today our exit song!

It was a LOT of fun today because not ONLY did we do that, but one of the Kapa Haka teachers said that there will be 4 leaders ON stage, and he ONLY called out two of them which were Teresa (Year 8) and Dereon (Year 5) - CONGRATULATIONS GUYS, you both will DEFINITELY be great leaders to our Kapa Haka group. Ka Pai! 

Image result for Teresa @ Tamaki Primary
Teresa!
Image result for Dereon @ Tamaki Primary
Dereon!
What I enjoyed about this lesson was when one of our Kapa Haka tutors pulled me aside and asked me to do a solo. I was PRETTY nervous because I knew that if I would do it, I just wouldn't be able to do it and ALSO because I wouldn't want to let the Team down but he said it's alright so I just told him that I will think about it because there is another cultural group I'm in, and I would probably get stressed having to do the SOLO, then do the dance so I will be thinking hard!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for MORE blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment