Pages

Monday 12 June 2017

White Water Rafting Poster Reflection!

WALT: Reflect about our trip to Vector Wero White Water Rafting Park!


On Last Week Friday, Room 9 got lucky enough by Ms Thompson to go to The Vector Wero White Water Rafting Park! We all got to wear life jackets and also had a talk about The Safety Rules when we go rafting! 

We each got split into two groups and went with 2 instructors, We then got to a river of rapids and the instructor taught us about when we all fall in the water and someone is injured in the rapids, We will have to surround that person and make a diamond. 

The bigger people will have to go to the front and the smallest people have to go to the back! The reason why the bigger people had to go to the front was because since the rapids are coming to us, they will have to handle the rapids coming to them since their bigger because the rapids are pretty hard and even if the smaller or medium people have to go to the front, They will automatically fall when the rapids come so that's why the bigger people have to go to the front!

During the trip, The scariest part was when we got to jump in the center of the rapids but luckily we floated back up because of our life jackets! But there was a little waterfall in the end and I went pretty much underneath it and it was really horrifying but I think that the Life Jackets saved my life (No wonder why it called "Life" Jackets!). I also talked to some of my mates and Sharon, and they said that they went underneath it too so luckily I wasn't the only one!

Also the funny and happy parts of the trip was when the instructor said that there has been NO accidents at the Water Rafting Park too which was GREAT! Another wonderful part was when we went through the rapids, the second time and Kensington lost his paddle, It was hilarious by the look on his face but when went down the little waterfall, I was still paddling and my paddle got grabbed by the waterfall and went underneath! 

Then they started laughing at me! When Kensington lost his paddle, One of the instructors grabbed it and gave it to him but my paddle was still far so I didn't get to paddle! So Losana offered to give me her paddle so she could have a rest and Of course I said "YES!" to her and she just sat there staring at the water!

In the end, She didn't get to paddle the whole way so she was so lucky! I loved going to the White Water Rafting Park and would also LOVE to go again!

Thanks for reading bloggers! Feel free to leave a comment! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment