Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Maths Activities Reflection!

IALT: Develop new skills in Maths with my class peers!


Today during the middle block, Room 9 got split into 5 or 6 groups! We had to also pick an Maths activity like for example - Cards, Place Value or Multiplication Cards! The reason why we had to do this was because our parents will be coming to check out what's going on with our learning and what skills we have developing at school lately!


In my group, I had Sene, Losana and Ana! Sadly, My mother was busy so she wasn't able to come and see my learning but hopefully next time she could come! As a group, We decided to get some cards and play some multiplication, division or addition! But we wanted to challenge ourselves so we decided to just do Division or Multiplication. We also decided as a group that if we win, then we will get to do Torture (Well, not really torture). The Torture was Slaps, High Fives, Hand Squeeze or Wrist Squeeze, Luckily none of these even hurted so that's what we decided!

None of our family members came and got to see our learning which was a shame but it's alright because maybe they might come next time! Ms Komor saw us play gracefully and quietly so she decided to join us playing Multiplication with the cards! She was in I and Ana's team because we were pretty much losing but when she was in our team, Our team pretty much nearly one three games against Sene and Losana! Don't worry, It was fair because Ana decided that she wanted to flip the cards over so we could answer them!

It was a REALLY great time bonding with my peers and also was a GREAT time working as a team and also being competitive against each other which was really funny! Because we were really loud and Ms Komor had to growl us but luckily it was only once!

What I have learnt from this activity was showing the school value Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga and Ako! I have also learned some new skills from Losana and Sene on how to get the answer for the multiplication questions fast! I also knew my nine time tables because I was using my hands and they thought I was cheating when really I wasn't!

In the end, It was a BLAST! 

Thanks for reading bloggers! Feel free to leave a comment! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Great effort Akanesi! I have a better understanding of your group's learning focus.
    I really enjoyed playing with your group.
    I can tell that you put a lot of work into writing this post. Make sure that once you have finished writing, you go back and read through your work to make sure you have used the correct punctuation, grammar and spelling.

    Can't wait to see what you blog about tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete