Pages

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Weekend Reflection - Akanesi

IALT: Reflect about my weekend!

On Saturday Night, I went to my 1st cousin's Fashion Show! She is the Head Designer of the company and named the company after her sister because she was inspired from her. As you might of heard, The name of the company is Kanumez - Where Culture Meets Fashion... It's about the fashion of the Tongan Girls who wear Kiekie's (A kiekie is a Tongan Traditional dress that Tongan Girls wear around their waist). 

I went to the Fashion Show to support her because it was the company's first fashion show and also to support my 1st cousin's who were in it! It was really exciting going because it was the first time I have EVER been to a fashion and also one of my 1st cousin's who were my age and younger cousin was modeling too which was Extremely more exciting!

It was also even better because one of the Royal Family Members of Tonga came who's name is Ivana. She even knew me which was surprising and called me by the nickname! She told me that I was related to her and that she knew me when I was born! She also said that she had looked after me too!

What was funny was that I saw Mr Grundy there with his wife and he was lucky because he got to be the V.I.P! Here are some photo's of the company Kanumez Fashion and my 1st cousins!

Image result for Kaneez

Image result for Kanumez

HEAD DESIGNER

Image result for Kanumez

Jenny Salesa who is a New Zealand politician was there to support the Tongan Culture and it was AMAZING to have her there with us celebrating the company Kanumez's First Fashion Show!

It was a BLAST at The Fashion Show and now I am so Happy that my First Fashion Show I've been to was all about the Tongan Culture! It's wonderful how the Tongan Culture could be spreaded International! Thanks to the people who created it!

I had a LOT of fun at the Fashion Show and hope there will be another one! So many thanks to my 1st cousin for doing the Fashion Show and also to all of the 20 beautiful Tongan Girls for participating and contributing into the Fashion Show!

Thanks for Reading Bloggers! Please Leave Your Thoughts And Opinions In The Comments! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment