Pages

Monday 26 June 2017

Kiwisport!

WALT: Play Basketball and improve with our shooting and dribbling!

Image result for basketball clipart playing

Today at 9:40am, Room 9 went downstairs to Kiwisport and just played basketball games with Coach Hyram and Coach Peter since it was the last Kiwisport with them!

Firstly, we played Golden Child since that was Room 9's favourite game to play during Kiwisport and in the first round - The Cavs won but then in the second round, my team won which was The Menes! It was so funny too because the teams just wanted to win and only if they knew that they could win by focusing on their shooting instead of rushing to hurry up and win!

The challenges I got from this game was when we had to shoot the ball in the hoop! I am usually use to shooting like in "netball shooting" but we had to shoot like in "basketball shooting"! But at least I got one in!


The best part of the lesson was when were pretty much just playing Golden Child and how our team kept on winning but you know what? We had to be humble and also congratulate the other team on winning the first round and they were really lucky!


What I liked the least about the lesson was when we started to play numbers and when Coach Peter called out 2 or 4 and I was one of them, my leg would start to hurt and then I just have to power walk when we play cause it just gets sore then sore!


My thoughts and feeling about the lesson is happy and excited but at the same time sad! The reason why I am happy and excited is because we get to have a 45 minute lesson with them and play fun and cool games til we get tired! The reason why I am also sad is because this is the last lesson with them and hopefully the coaches will pursue a career of playing actual Basketball! (Only if they want to)


What I learnt during this lesson was my dribbling because I couldn't keep it on just one hand, I just had to bounce with both of my hands in the beginning but now that I use to go to our Basketball Kiwi sport lessons at school, Also including my shooting - I learnt how to shoot like in "Basketball Shooting" by using the B.E.E.F technique I have learned A LOT about how to dribble properly and also how to shoot properly!


Feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment