Pages

Monday 20 November 2017

🏅Run, Jump, Throw🏅

IALT: Learn new skills on how to throw a shotput!

Hello EVERYBODY!
Welcome back to my blog!

So just a few minutes ago..We just finished our Kiwisport. As you might already know, Our kiwisport for this term is "Run, Jump, Throw", I've really liked doing this kiwisport EVERY monday - Because it helps me develop more different & unique skills about sports which I am really into. It has been a wonderful, spectacular & amazing time to get to do these kind of Kiwi Sports at school so I am SO excited to tell you all about the things myself & Room 9 did just not long ago...



So, Room 9 walked down the stairs ALL the way outside so we can have our Kiwisport, We were learning to do Shot Put! Shot Put is a hard sport for me to do because I am not that strong to hold those heavy medal (Probably) balls to throw. One of my idols, Valerie Adams is a professional shot putter who has won several gold medals & other medals too.

She is also TONGAN which makes her one of my ALL time favourite idols, Along with her strength and inspiration. So as we got on to the field, We did a warmup game which is Dodgeball - It was quite a tiring game against others because we only were able to hold the coloured balls to throw for only 3 seconds and if we got hit by the ball then we'll be out, That was elimination round.

Then after dodgeball, We got into a group of 3 to practice doing shot put but not with the real ones, The balls just looked like a Sized 3 volleyball but it's ok. I had so much fun anyways! So we kept practicing and practicing til we got the instructions right which Coach Allen gave to us.



Then we had to get into peers and I was with Aletheia. She's a awesome peer and I had a blast practicing how to throw a shot put far, When she threw it - It went quite far like farer than my one but I was still pleased with my throw! After ALL that, We came back into the circle - And talked about what we could work on next week. 

What I found challenging during this Kiwisport was:
  • Myself having to throw the ball far!
  • It was hard having to aim the ball straight to do it far!
  • Also trying not to muck around with my friends!
  • And having to listen to the instructions!
My next steps are...
  • To stop mucking around and listen to the instructor!
  • To pay attention to the instructor's instructions that are given.
  • To become more reliable and tell my friends to stop distracting me!
Have you EVER did this Kiwisport? and If you did, What was your results of doing it?

If you want to answer these questions, Comment!

Thanks for reading!

MALO!

No comments:

Post a Comment