Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

šŸŒ¤Summer Learning Journey, Day 5 (The Dawn of a New Era...) - Activity 1šŸŒ¤

IALT: Translate Maori Phrases into English!

HELLO my fellow viewers!
Welcome back to my blog!

Sorry I haven't been posting that much because yesterday, It's been a VERY busy day but I finally have time to finish of this weeks task! 

So for today's activity, We had to translate Maori phrases into English because back in the day - Europeans also found this country and wanted to own it I believe, and they also outnumbered the Maori so they battled against each other to have access to this country, build homes & many more!


We are instructed to use Google Translate
to translate the following five phrases from English to Te Reo Māori or from Te Reo Māori to English. Post the translations on your
blog. Be sure to include the phrase in both the English and Māori to earn full points.

Here are the phrases:

  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa - Welcome to New Zealand!
  1. ____ is my name - Ko ___ toku ingoa
  2. What is your name? - He aha to ingoa?
  3. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro - I like to play rugby!
  4. Where do you come from? - No hea koe?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Your SLJ blogger - Akanesi!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Akanesi,

    It's great to see that you made it to Day #5 of the Summer Learning Journey programme before Christmas. Way to go!

    I really enjoyed reading this post as I am currently learning how to speak Te Reo Maori. My son, Aronui, is half-Maori and half-Canadian and he really wants to learn Te Reo so I am doing my best to learn alongside him. I have a long way to go, particularly with my pronunciation. I have a Canadian accent so I struggle a little bit with some of the vowels. I'm working on it!

    Do you speak Te Reo at all?

    I hope that you and your family are having a lovely holiday season and that you'll be able to re-join the Summer Learning Journey soon.

    Talk soon,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete