Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 2 (It's All In Day's Work) - Activity 1🌤

IALT: Compare the similarities between my home & a wharepuni!

Hello, My fellow viewers!

Today's task for day 2, Is to compare my house and a wharepuni. If you don't know what a wharepuni is then it is a home that Maori people built back in the old day, they used it for their shelter, cooking & many other things... This also helped them with survival too since it's shelter.

So here are the similarities:

Floors:
My House - Tree Wood
Whare - Concrete?

Walls:
My House - White Wood
Whare - Tree Wood

Windows:
My House - Thin Glass
Whare - Air

Roofs:
My House - Metal Tiles
Whare - Wet Dirt & Leafs

This picture above is a wharepuni and you don't need to see my house because it's similar to others but wharepuni houses are unique & different.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
You SLJ blogger - Akanesi!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Akanesi
    What an wonderful journey you have gone through and your work is magnificent. Have you ever been to a Marae?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akanesi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Good work with this activity. I really like how you have presented your work with each similarity having some differences. Well done!

    You've thought of some great differences with your similarities. We have some of the same ones! I also thought about the difference between the rooves and the windows. Great minds think alike! :)

    Would you like to stay in a wharepuni one day? I think it would be lots of fun but very different from living at my house!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete