Pages

Tuesday 5 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 1 (Arriving In NZ) - Activity 1🌤

IALT: Discover more about people living in Aotearoa (NZ) back in the day!

Hello EVERYBODY!
Welcome back to my blog!

So, Since I've got a opportunity to join the Summer Winter Learning Journey, This is the first day and I'm so excited! Our task for today was to read some interesting stories about the Maori CULTURE! Did you know that the first people to arrive in New Zealand were actually from Polynesia?! I've enjoyed working on this SO much already. 

Most Historians believe that they landed on New Zealand more than 700 years ago, Oh my gosh! These facts about the Maori Culture and How it ALL started is SO interesting & educational for me knowing that I am not a Maori person but I would LOVE to get to know the Maori culture.

Our task was also to read a story that is "Maui & The Giant Fish". I'm pretty sure that if you live in New Zealand, Then you've heard this story before of course you might ALREADY know Maui since he was in a famous movie which is "Moana" with Maui's voice - Dwayne Johnson (The Rock).

Then we had to list at least 3 facts about Maui too, Here is my WORK:


What are your thoughts on the task that just've been completed? 

Also what did you learn reading Maui & The Giant Fish?

Thankyou SO much for reading & Thankyou so much to Rachel Williams for giving me an opportunity to learn & get more educated!

Click on the fish emoji to read the "Maui & The Giant Fish" story - ...🐟...

Kind Regards,
Your Summer Learning Journey Blogger Akanesi!





3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Akanesi

    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    You are an amazing writer you are and your 3 facts are amazing. You are so creative and I hope for more next time. What is your favourite part of the story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akanesi,

    My name's Ruby from the Summer Learning Journey team and I'm looking forward to reading your blog over summer.

    I'm so pleased you're enjoying the program! Reading you blog post made me smile :)

    You have learnt some great information about Maui and the Polynesian settlers. Those facts about Maui are great. I like how you have given people the link to the story so they can read it! What a good idea.

    Have you read the story about how Maui brought fire to the world? If you want to know some more about Maui, it would be a really good one to read! Here is the link:

    http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/How-Maui-brought-fire-to-the-world

    Let me know if you enjoy it!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blogpost & Also for the advice :)

      Delete