Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 4 (Hitting A High Note...) - Activity 2🌤

IALT: Be educated more about the games that Maori's played back in the day!

Greetings & Welcome back to my blog!

For today's task 2, We are talking about games! Several years ago, Maori's played game like - Poi Rakau, Ki O Rahi, Koruru Taonga and Poi Toa! I have been instructed by Rachel so pick one game and to explain the purpose of the game/name of the game and 2 rules!

So the game I've picked is Poi Rakau, The reason why I chose this game is because I've been playing it many times this year like in class & also doing it as a warmup game for KIWISPORT!

The Rules:
Image result for poi rakau
  • 2 People Minimum play!
  • You will need a Rakau each!
Name of the game: Poi Rakau

Aim of the game:
  • To keep your stick straight then let it go and try to hold the other stick when the person in the middle calls out right or left in Maori or English!
Heres are LINK to a video of people playing POI RAKAU!

Have you played Poi Rakau?

Make sure to leave your answer by commenting!

Cheers,
Your SLJ blogger - Akanesi!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Akanesi
    Fabulous Work! I also did the Poi Rakau as well on my blog for this task. What caught your eye on this particular game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akanesi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    You've done great work with this activity! It's great that you've played Poi Rakau before. I have too and always think it's lots of fun. I'm much better at games that don't include running!

    It was a great idea to include some pictures and a link to the video. People who read your blog will be able to give this game a go without having to Google it!

    Had you played any of the other games that were on the Summer Learning Journey website?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete