Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

šŸŒ¤Summer Learning Journey, Day 4 (Hitting A High Note...) - Activity 1šŸŒ¤

IALT: Learn several games that Maori kids played back in the day!

Kia Ora EVERYBODY!
Welcome back to my blog!

For today's first activity, Is about Waiata's (A Song in your Heart) - So Rachel gave us a task to choose one of our ALL time favourite waiata (In the past, Māori would often use song as a way of sharing information or communicating emotions). Rachel's favourite waiata is "Kia Paimarie" - I've listened to it already & it's BEAUTIFUL!

Image result for waiata

So...My favourite waiata that I really adore & love is "Tiaho Mai Ra". It's a very graceful & incredible - We've sung that at school once I remember, If you haven't heard this song then click on the music emoji to see two girls singing a cover of it! ...šŸŽ¼...

Image result for waiata

Anyways, That's it for this activity!

What's your favourite Waiata?

Make sure to leave your answer by commenting!

Much Appreciated,
Your SLJ blogger - Agnes!



5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Akanesi

    My name is Jolie and I go to Glen Innes School.

    Amazing work!! I also adore the song Tiaho Mai ra It has a really beautiful meaning. I love how you put a little music emoji to take us to a video of those two girls singing. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Akanesi

    My name is Sarah and I also go to Glen Innes School.
    I have seen your blog post before and they are amazing. Well done on this task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Akanesi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Rachel's favourite waiata so much! That is a very good one. The waiata that you've found is also really beautiful! Adding a link to the video so that we could all listen to the song was a great idea.

    Do you know what the words mean for this waiata? I think it's important to know and like the meaning of songs just as much as the tune.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the holidays.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s I noticed that you signed of this activity with the name Agnes! Is that something people call you or were you just seeing if I'd notice? :)

      Delete