Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 2 (It's All In Day's Work) - Bonus🌤

IALT: Develop more ideas about the Maori Culture!


Bonjour, My fellow VIEWERS!
Welcome back to my blog!

Image result for ota rawfish
For our bonus task, It's about our favourite FOODS! But back in the 1800s, most Māori ate a simple diet. They ate foods that they could catch in the water (eg. fish) or grow on the land (eg. kumara), They did not have access to a supermarket to buy food for their meals!

But anyways, Rachel's favourite food is Wood-Fired Pizza! To be honest, I have NEVER heard that before but I'd like to try it since Pizza is one of my top favourite foods.

My favourite food is a traditional tongan food which is called "Ota". To pronounce this word, It's O-the! It is a Raw Fish salad with veggies for example - Spring Onion, Tomato, Capisum & more...There are also flavours & other stuff to add into it to make it delicious & I only know one that my mum uses whenever she makes it which is Dill and Dill is green leaf tips!

Have you EVER tried this dish before? And if you did, Do you like it?

Also, Have you tried Rachel's favourite dish which is Wood-Fired Pizza? And What was the results?

Thanks for reading!

Kind Regards,
Your Summer Learning Journey Blogger, Akanesi!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Akanesi

    What an amazing dish, I am also Tongan and I love ota.
    What is your favourite thing to make with your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      Great meeting you! And yes it's an INCREDIBLE dish that I love 100%. My favourite dish to make with my family is Otai!

      Cheers,
      Akanesi :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there Akanesi, great to meet you. My name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme.

    I have tried this dish and it is delicious! I think I may have tried it when I was in holiday in Rarotonga.

    What a great blog you have, I like all the detail you have included and how when you write it sounds as though you are speaking.

    I have also tried woodfired pizza many times. Once I was at a party and they had their own wood fire oven. They also had all the ingredients available for you to make your own. Anyway, I must have been a bit too excited because I ate it so quickly and ended up burning my mouth!

    Long story short: always let it cool off!

    Thanks, blog soon!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy,
      Thanks for the comment! I'm happy you've got to try Ota & Yes indeed, It is VERY delicious. Your VERY lucky that you have got to try Wood-Fired pizza! Thanks again for the comment and for the feedforward!

      Sincerely,
      Akanesi :)

      Delete