Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 1 - (Arriving In NZ) - Activity 2🌤

IALT: Be educated more about what happened in the olden days here in NZ!

Good Afternoon EVERYBODY!
Welcome back to my blog!

So for our Activity 2, We had to write a letter to a peer or a friend about our voyage to NZ, because as you might already know - The first settlers that came to New Zealand had to leave their homes & where they stayed all their lives. They traveled on a boat that Maori people went on back in the day, where boats weren't build so they used their incentives to build Waka's!

In my side of the story, I personally think that a Waka is a special boat/canoe that Maori people use mostly, It helps them sail across the sea to do different kinds of things like fishing and all sorts of other stuff to keep their survival going, and to this day right now - Waka's are still used in dedicated things such as greeting people!

So we had to imagine ourselves being on board & traveling to New Zealand to find a better home to stay and also survive, My letter was to my class peer & also a relative of mine Aletheia - Who has ALSO joined the Summer Learning Journey programme...


As you can see, I've put in pictures of some Waka's & people in it. I've also themed my DLO blue since the ocean is a HUGE part in it!

What do you think about the work that had just been completed?

And would you EVER think to sail across the sea NZ? Why?

Malo aupito he sio mai ki hoku ngaue!
(Thankyou for looking at my work!)

Sincerely,
Your Summer Learning Journey Blogger - Akanesi!



12 comments:

  1. Hey Akanesi,

    I love your blog post you posted today! It's really interesting to read. I also like your own letter you wrote to your friend Alethia. It's really cool. Talk to you later!,

    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mitchell, Thanks for the comment! Much appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Nesi for writing your letter towards me and I really enjoy reading it.
    Hope to see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Akanesi,
    It's me Aletheia again.
    I want to say a big thank you for writing your letter towards me I really appericate it plus I had really enjoyed reading you letter that had been written down for me.
    By the way Have you read my letter that I have written down for you?
    Great job on this blog post you have done.
    NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Akanesi!
    It's me Sarah from Glen Innes School
    I am absolutely amazed by your work it is incredible.
    How would you feel if you actually left your friend in reality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much! And hmm...I would be devastated if I had to leave my friend in reality but it's for the best :)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Hi Akanesi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.
    Good work! This is a great blog post. I like how you have thought about using blue for your background. Also, I like how you've said you are looking forward to leaning about the Maori culture.

    Have you ever been on a boat before? I have a few times but I always get so sea sick!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ruby,

      Thanks for the blog comment. Yes, I have been on a boat to Devonport with my school peers!

      Much Appreciated,
      Akanesi

      Delete
    2. Hi Akanesi,

      How cool! That is a fun boat ride, isn't it. I have been on that boat a few times as well.
      What did you enjoy about being in a boat?

      Cheers,
      Ruby.

      Delete
    3. Hey Ruby,

      It is indeed AMAZING being on a boat ride and the reason behind that is because you get to look at the views & The beautiful fish in the ocean!

      Malo Aupito,
      Akanesi

      Delete