Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 3 (It's All In The Family) - Activity 2🌤

IALT: Use a Pepeha!

Malo e Lelei EVERYBODY!
Welcome back to my blog!
90668006.jpg


So for today's activity 2, We have to use a pepeha to describe us, our family & many other things...At first, I had NEVER used pepeha but then when Rachel gave me an example of what it is, I quickly knew what to do!

Here is my PEPEHA!

Ko Mt Wellington te maunga  
Ko Tamaki te awa        
Ko Sisi Panikoula tōku tīpuna
Ko Houma Kai Kuma tōku iwi   
Ko Houma tōku hapu
Ko San Francisco tōku marae
Ko San Francisco, America ahau

Ko Maleini rāua ko Soane ōku mātua  
Ko Akanesi Pua tōku ingoa.

Hope you enjoyed my Pepeha and...

Have you EVER did one?

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Your SLJ blogger - Akanesi!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nesi,

    Love your post about your pepeha. I like how you included the places where your from! See you later!,

    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akanesi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    It's great to see that you've done such a good job with your pepeha! Well done. How cool that you're from San Francisco! How long have you been in New Zealand, I wonder?

    I have written my pepeha, here it is:
    Ko Maungakiekie te maunga.
    Ko Waitamata te awa.
    Ko Olive Snook toku tipuna.
    Ko Airiri toku iwi.
    Ko Simpson toku hapu.
    Ko Aotearoa ahau.
    Ko Earl raua ko Susan oku matua.
    Ko Ruby toku ingoa.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete