Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Day #1 - New Zealand Historical Facts! - Winter Learning Journey!

IALT: Summarise a text I have read that is based about New Zealand History!

Hey everyone! Today I got to do a fun activity about New Zealand Historical facts! Since I have signed up for the Winter Learning Journey, I have decided to complete the first task that has been given to me! 

So the first task was ALL about New Zealand Historical facts so one historical fact about New Zealand is that - The first European to arrive in New Zealand was the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1642. 


So therefore, that's how we got the Dutch sounding name - from a Dutch mapmaker who first called us Nieuw Zeeland. This was also actually a LONG time (127 years) before a another european came to this country who was Captain James Cook!



Image result for new zealand

I have made a DLO (Digital Learning Object) about some facts about New Zealand and What kiwi's love to do in New Zealand!


Also here are some extra information about New Zealand!
Capital - Wellington
Prime Minister - Bill English
Also it is pretty surprising because "The Lord of the Rings" were filmed in New Zealand!
Also a main New Zealand Animal called a Kiwi!

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment below if you have a questions!

Kind Regards,
 Your Winter Learning Journey Blogger Akanesi!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Akanesi,
    I like how you explained and talked about New Zealand. I also like the facts you added to your post! Keep up the great work.
    Your neigbour,
    Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Akanesi and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme! It is so exciting that you have joined us this year. I see that you already know Mitchell, as well. He's been a great participant in the programme over the past few years. It's cool to know that you guys are also neighbours! I hope that you will encourage and motivate each other to keep up with your blogging over the holidays!

    Speaking of blogging, I see from your blog post above that you have learned a lot about New Zealand already. You have also taught me a number of new things, including the fact that the first man to ever reach the shores of New Zealand was a Dutch explorer. I did not realise that he was Dutch or that he is credited with giving New Zealand its name (Nieuw Zeeland).

    Thank you for sharing your great learning with us. I am looking forward to reading your next blog and to learning more about this amazing country that we call home.

    Take care,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete