Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Day #1 - My New Zealand Flag Design - Winter Learning Journey🇳🇿

IALT: Design and explain a New Zealand Flag Design that I have made in my own words!

Hey bloggers! Today for a bonus task - We had to design a New Zealand Flag and also explain what the objects represented on it. I had also added in 3 or 4 main colours and also tried my very best to make it attractive, stand out and not to much to others! 

When I completed this artwork of mine, I was so proud of myself and this bonus task had been related to last year when New Zealanders got to choose a new flag for our country and I was really surprised that most of our fellow kiwi's chose the old New Zealand Flag so we stuck to that! I also chose the old flag because the current flag was formelly adopted in 1902, 129 years ago which is a LONG time! 


So that was the reason why I didn't want to change our flag and I think that was the reason some of our New Zealanders didn't want our "Old" prime minister John Key to change it but I think myself or some of other new zealander's will agree to change it if it was a REALLY long time ago - e.g 2,000 or 1,000 years ago.

And a reason why I wanted design this flag was because I have joined various performing art groups at our school e.g Kapa Haka. I've loved making friends (School value - Whanaungatanga) and showing tolerance (School value - Manaakitanga) to my maori peers at school. And even though I am from the pasific islands - I love to learn about other cultures such as Maori which is known in our country and in our school! I may not be maori but I do love singing in maori and I have to say, they speak in a absolute BEAUTIFUL language and now I am so happy because I can speak some of it too! 

During this task, It was hard researching and also trying to design my flag because I am from the pasific islands and I don't know much about the Maori Culture but one thing I do know is that they are absolute FABULOUS!

Thanks for viewing!

Kind Regards,
Your Winter Learning Journey Blogger Akanesi!



2 comments:

  1. Great Job Akanesi,
    Your design is descriptive, and representative to the country of Aotearoa New Zealand. I love how you mentioned your challenges, it helps your audience realise what the next approach is in your learning. I can tell just by reading your writing is original, understable, and absolutely phenomenal. As a blogger apart of this program myself I encourage for you to keep blogging to the best your ability. You may find it shocking how much you can learn overall. My only advice is to add a question. With a question will help your audience think deeply in their perspective. Keep it up Akanesi,
    - Losana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Akanesi!

    I love that you have incorporated different parts of the current flag and also added your own ideas. I think your colour choices are fabulous and they a bright, bold and effective, yet simple - good job!

    Keep up the great blogging Akanesi!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete