Pages

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Day #2 - New Zealand By Land & Sea - Touring NZ - Winter Learning Journey!

IALT: Learn and also tour around the north island of New Zealand to look at active volcanos!

So for our second task, we will have to tour around some active volcanos like Rangitoto, Karekare and Tanemahuta. 

I had been given links to access sites that have information ALL about them!  As you might know Rangitoto is a the largest volcano in New Zealand, Karekare is a beach on the outskirts of Auckland and Tanemahuta is the oldest Kauri tree in New Zealand! These are all AMAZING and also interesting places to visit too. 

So I had decided read some articles so I could educate myself more about places like these! My family is not really a out-door people but just people who love to clean! But as since I do attend Tamaki Primary School, We do heaps of out-door activities and are able to learn so much about the out-door places we go to.

So therefore, I created a DLO all about the tour and some parts I LOVED about the tour during the visit I had:



As I went on the tour - There were pictures that we were so clear and that I was able to imagine myself actually there at that place! Luckily, I do have a great imagination mind so it was definitley worth it and I had SO much fun touring around the places.

Also out of ALL the gorgeous and wonderful places in the north island! I will have to choose The Karekare beach because it does sound stunning and fabulous. Since it is a beach which is AMAZING honestly. And the only place I have been to out of all of these places is Rangitoto, so I did get the chance to go there with my school peers and I. We did hitch hike long but it was worth it!

Thanks for viewing!
Kind Regards,
Your Winter Learning Journey Blogger Akanesi!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Akanesi,

    I have to admit that Karekare is one of my all-time favourite places to visit. It is a truly stunning beach. I love walking along the black sand!

    I hope that you get the chance to visit it one day soon. It's well worth the trip out west.

    Cheers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete