Pages

Thursday 25 October 2018

🤝 Leadership Programme 🤝

IALT: Reflect about our Leadership Programme!

Kia Ora and greetings to you all...
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!


Image result for balancing responsibilities as a kid

Last week - Thursday - on the second block, the student leader's had a Leadership Programme with Ms Aireen. The leadership programme was based on 'Balancing Responsibilities', to me - I thought that 'Balancing Responsibilities' means balancing your role as a leader and also a learner - (sorry, if that doesn't make sense).

Balancing your responsibilities is like prioritising, utilise others and focus on the objective. So for example, if you were to stand on one foot and hold on to someone else so you don't fall, with the help of that someone, you're safe and you won't fall - that's Utilising Others because you're not doing it by yourself, but someone is helping you.

Image result for balancing on one foot

Now, you can let go. As you let go of that person, and you're still balancing - that's called Prioritising. It's when you're balancing but you begin to shift to a side so in order to keep balance, you shift a bit to the other side to keep your balance, if you know what I mean.

Okay, now you have to close your eyes. It gets a bit harder now because you can't see or feel anything - this is called Focusing on the Objective like how you're focusing on your balance right now!

There, now you should understand what 'Balancing Responsibilities' mean!
____________________________________________________________

Image result for thumbs up

I enjoyed the lesson very much because it taught me a word that I don't use that much which is 'Prioritise'. Prioritising is means to organise and put time into things you need to do.

What I struggled with mostly, like throughout the whole lesson was the questions that were given to answer like : 

- Who can help me with this responsibility?
- When is this responsibility my highest priority?

- What is the aim at the end of this responsibility?

The reason why I struggled because it was just hard to explain and answer because it sent different answers to my brain, and I get confused on which one I should write on it ... luckily, my peers were there to help me :)

Image result for thanks gif

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment