Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2018

🎨 Abstract Art - Te Tuhi 🎨

IALT: Reflect about my Abstract Art & going to Te Tuhi!

Malo Lelei and greetings to you all...
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!

Today, group 1 has went to the Te Tuhi Art Gallery to learn more and create Abstract Art! We've been learning about this for a few days so KIA MANAWANUI finally got the chance to actually go and create Abstract Art! 

To me, I think 'Abstract Art' means a piece of Art that is not realistic but something that uses colour, shade, form, texture etc ... I was ecstatic to go! As we got there, we were greeted by our common instructor Salome who always teaches us about Art then we headed to the Art room!

We put on our aprons and listened to the instructions :


As you can tell^, that was what we were learning about and what the result of our 'Abstract Art' will look like! 


Picture of me using the Technology around me!
(1) - Use the cut out technology around you to trace it onto the piece you were given.

(2) - Then draw four lines down the paper and across, you can do this diagonally if wanted.

(3) - Then outline ALL of the lines using black vivid.

(4) - After that, choose four paints to use on your artwork. 

(5) - When you have chosen, start to pain but don't paint the SAME colour side to side or else it will look odd!

(6) - When finished, ENJOY!

As it hit 11am, we ALL had to stop doing our artworks and head into two lines so off we went washing our hands, and taking off our aprons. LUCKILY, I just finished blow-drying my artwork and had enough time to go over the lines with vivid again because pain was all over it, I was really proud of it but sadly, I also didn't have enough time to take a photo of it!
________________________________________________________________________

Image result for Te tuhi

When we finished, we went to go and explore the different Art exhibitions. I was quite surprised when I saw that everything was changed because it happened SO fast but to be honest with you, I liked it better than the last one.

We got to explore these 3 light cases that were hanging on the wall. One was Captain James Cook, Two was Dame Whina Cooper who was a respected kuia that worked for many years for the rights of her people, and particularly to improve the lot of Māori women, and the Samoan prime minister Tuilaepa Aiono Sailele Malielegaoi.

Then a documentary that was in this little cinema from a international artist who now lives in the U.K!

I had SO much fun there, and I am excited for the next time I go there!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more blog posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment