Pages

Wednesday 30 August 2017

📝Writing📝

IALT: Reflect about our writing lesson with Ms Komor!
Image result for writing clipart


Hello Everyone and Welcome back to my blog!

So during the middle block, Ms Komor taught us about Language Features because most of us weren't familiar with Language Features and didn't even know what the definitions to some language features were.

So she gave us an example saying that a alliteration, adverbs, adjectives and metaphors etc.. were language features! So that gave me an idea of what a Language Feature is!

So since we had 29 students in our class - We only had 22 students in our class so we had to split into 4 groups because Ms Komor had an INCREDIBLE writing activity based about Language Features to give to us so we could solve it.

She gave each group a zip lock bag with the names of language features, their definition and examples. They were ALL jumbled up in the zip lock bag which did make it difficult for us but we ended up managing to make it ALL in order and correct but only one of them were incorrect but atleast we tried out best!

During the lesson, I learnt a new language feature called Assonance and the definition for it is - resemblance of sound between syllables of nearby words, arising particularly from the rhyming of two or more stressed vowels, but not consonants (e.g. sonnet, porridge ), but also from the use of identical consonants with different vowels (e.g. killed, cold, culled ).

If I did this during school time, I would've remembered the definition in my own words but I feel like a fool because I forgot. Anyways, I did learn a new word which was exciting and I am REALLY happy! Because I get to learn new things and share with you ALL on my blog!

What are your thoughts on my work?!

Kind Regards, Akanesi!

No comments:

Post a Comment