Pages

Monday 28 August 2017

➕Maths Reflection➕

IALT: Reflect about Maths today!

Hello Everybody and Welcome back to my blog!

So today for Maths, My group which is the Islander Maths group had to do a task which was solving multiplication and division on paper with many more Maths activities in it, I worked with a friend of mine Ana because we were in the same group and we needed to solve or challenge ourselves to get better.

We worked on a little paper full of equations (100 equations) and it had mixed equations on it for us to complete. Most of them were very hard and I struggled A LOT but I still managed to get on with it using my fingers and my brain!

Image result for maths

As I got to the end, the last equation was a fraction question and it said "1/8 of 32". I instantly knew it was 4 because as you can see that the main numbers are 8 and 32. So I used my thinking skills and tried to solve the answer first. 

The I saw the 2 main numbers and multiplied 8 and 4 which made 32, but I was unsure at first so I did it with different equations and it worked so that 's pretty much my strategy  on how to solve fraction equations like that.

But you only have to multiply the main numbers if it has a "1/8" but if your still confused then it only works if the numerator says 1. If it says 2 or 3 then it will not work like for e.g - 2/4 of 32 does not equal 4.

During this lesson, What I found challenging was trying to figure out the fraction equation and trying to come up with the strategy so I could solve that equation and other equations similar to that easier.

My next step in Maths is to challenge myself by solving hard division and multiplication equations or problems so I could get better at it and practice everyday and make it my homework!!!!

What are you thoughts about my work?!

So ALL of that it what I did during Maths and I hope you enjoyed reading!

Kind Regards, Akanesi!

No comments:

Post a Comment