Pages

Friday 15 June 2018

πŸ‘©πŸ½‍🏫 Science πŸ‘©πŸ½‍🏫

IALT: Reflect about Science!

Talofa Lava and greetings to you all...
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!

Image result for science

Today, I will be reflecting about Science. So myself and Group 1 went to Science in Room 9 first which we had with Ms Fepulea'i while Ms Komor stayed in Room 10 with Group 2 so they could blog more for this month .. So as my group arrived to Room 9, we settled in to the desks to get ready for our learning.

I needed to go and get my late pass from down stairs so I could give it to Ms Komor to tell her that I was late. Anyways after I did that, I straight away went to Room 9. When I got there, they were mainly talking about Gravity and we came up with questions like..

  • Does the heat on the Sun, affect the Gravity?
  • Does the air affect the Gravity?
  • Is there ANY Gravity in Space?
Image result for is there gravity in space

The last question, we had a vote if there is gravity in Space and if there isn't. People voted for there is Gravity in Space and ONLY Fe'ao & Ms Fepulea'i voted that there isn't - the answer that Ms Fepulea'i & Fe'ao gave to us was that if Astronauts fly to space and then come out of their spaceship in to ACTUAL space, they float but here on Earth, there IS Gravity which makes us LIFE in Earth hold us down even in any country that is around the globe.  Then the answer that others gave was that including me is that .. since in the Solar System, planets have Gravity like for example .. Planet Earth is IN Space meaning if Earth has Gravity and is also IN Space, there is Gravity in Space too. And also the Gravitational Force that is around the Planet Earth is ALSO Gravity which is IN Space too!

It just went all CRAZY after that but it was still fun. After this .. we got to make parachutes for little lego men using tissues - the reason why we did this was to see which lego man will go faster - for e.g - will the one with the parachute win? or will the one without the parachute win?. Obviously, the one without the parachute fell first then after was the one with the parachute. This is because the air resists on to the parachute which pushes it up and makes it float down.

Here is the result of my parachute that I made with my peers Grace & Lydia - click on the emoji to view the video:

(As you get onto this, look for my name in the folder then click on it :-)

πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸš€

What I enjoyed about this lesson was getting to build parachutes for our little lego man who is ACTUALLY a skeleton but oh well. I also enjoyed getting to have a argument (not a negative one) with my teacher and peer to see who is ACTUALLy right about whether there is Gravity in Space or not and the answer was that there are different parts of space that have Gravity, not the WHOLE of Space has Gravity, only some particles of outer Space have Gravity.

Had to add this GIF *laughing* !


What I didn't enjoy about this lesson was trying to make the parachute out of tissues, because it was just too soft and it kept ripping which makes the rope that holds the little lego man and parachute to fall .. but then we ended up completing this task which we got to record!

Thank you for listening, and I hope you enjoyed this blog post!

Make sure to comment your feedback and opinions about this blog post so I know how to be a better learner and better blogger!

Once again, MALO!


No comments:

Post a Comment