Pages

Monday 25 June 2018

πŸ™πŸ½ Connecting πŸ™πŸ½

IALT: Reflect about a DMC (Deep & Meaningful Conversation) that I had with my family!

Salam and greetings to you all...
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!



Today I will be reflecting about a ' DMC' that I had with my Family! So every Monday's, my family tries our best to do a ' DMC ' and we started last week .. The reason why we want to do this is because we want to connect with our inner spirits and also with the lord so a person from the family will say a bible verse then talk about it so my brother in law Charlie chose a bible verse which is 'John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life'.

So then he talked about how God loved the world so much that he had to sacrifice his only son Jesus so we could live! Then he did a example relating to a story about 'The Sacrifice of Isaac'. He said that back in the day, people will burn their cows, lambs and other stuff as a offering but now in the modern days, we give money as a offering but that didn't happen back in the day.

So God called out to Abraham saying “Abraham!” And Abraham said, “Here I am.” Then god said "Take you son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you". So Abraham rose that next morning and took his son Isaac to the mountain God said to take him to ... So as SOON as Abraham was about to burn Isaac, a angel sent from Heaven stopped him and said "Abraham, look over there! There is a lamb that you could use as a burnt offering so instead of burning his own son, he burnt the lamb as a offering - that was one of God's tests.

Image result for holy bible

After that, we started to go around and talk about what needs to improve on in our house and we had to be 100% honest so we did ... then we prayed and thanked our heavenly father for another day of life for us and asked him to bless, guide, help us when we're through rough times.

What I learned about this was getting able to learn more about God and the scriptures in the Holy Bible because I honestly had NEVER knew and NEVER heard about the story he brought up which was 'The Sacrifice of Isaac' ..  I was quite confused at first with it but then as he explained more, I began to understand more and more.

What I didn't enjoy about this lesson was NOTHING, I literally enjoyed EVERY single moment while we were doing this because it just really helped me a lot!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this blog post!
Make sure to comment your feedback and opinions!

Once again, MALO!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Akanesi,
    I really love how you made the time to blog about something you really enjoy doing with your family! It is great to see that you and your family were able to connect not only with each other but with the lord! Every Monday's my family have a family home evening where we do something similar to your 'DMC'! To improve you can maybe add more photos to make your work outstanding! Keep it up!

    - Your favouriteπŸ˜‰ Lydia❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that^, I was logged into my other gmail account but yeah once again, Thanks !

      Delete