Pages

Friday 8 September 2017

🇹🇴Tongan Language Week🇹🇴

IALT: Reflect about yesterday's assembly!

Malo e Lelei and Greetings to you all...
Welcome back to my blog!
So since this is Tongan Language Week, We had a whole school assembly and I was in the Tongan Group so we did a Tau'o'lunga! I did two Tau'olungas which was with the Tongan Group/Teachers and with Lydia! We've been practicing for weeks...and weeks...and weeks. 

It was a surprise to us because Ms Tafea were teaching the dance to Ms Komor, Ms Ashley, Ms Park and Ms Morrison. So when it got to the day, They did an INCREDIBLE job for their very first Tau'olunga, But since we were on the stage doing the dance, Nearly the whole school jumped on the stage and started dancing with us.

Image result for tonga

There were so much laughter and joy during this assembly and it was AMAZING seeing the whole school happy and cheerful!!! But before the group Tau'o'lunga, Myself and Lydia did our very own Tau'o'lunga so we worked very well on that Tau'o'lunga and it did turn out Great but not as outstanding as we wanted it to be for us.

Usually, I am the one who forgets the moves to the dance but yesterday, It was Lydia - I knew she will because she does get nervous and ALL so I told her that WHENEVER she gets stuck or has a stage fright to just look at me and copy me. So she agreed, So when we did our Tau'o'lunga, She looked at me then Ms Tafea when we was unsure adn forgot the dance moves.

After the assembly, We had a Food Tasting Festival and to me, it didn't really look like a "Food Tasting Festival" - It looked like a massive feed and I made a Ota which is a Raw Fish Salad. It was delicious so it automatically finshed on the first round. 

I was happy at first that everyone liked it but also upset since I didn't get to eat it but oh well. In the end, We washed the dishes and cleaned up (Picking up the rubbish).

What are your thoughts on my work?!

What did you do for Tongan Language Week?

Thanks for reading!

Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment