Pages

Monday 4 September 2017

➗ ✖️Maths Reflection➗ ✖️

IALT: Reflect about our Maths Session in the first block!

Fakalofa Lahi Atu and Greetings to you all...
Welcome back to my blog!

So for maths during this Morning block, I have been working with some peers of mine who are Gary, Siale, Ana, George and Losana. We were playing Multiplication cards by using plain cards and see who could get the most right. So it was pretty Boys against Girls, I am a very competitive female so obviously I wanted my group to win real badly!

We played against them and sadly we lost, I did get a bit frustrated and angry about it but calmed down knowing that we could play another game and try our best to win. But all of a sudden, Ms Komor calls my maths group - Islander Maths to come to the group table so we can start off our group learning session.

Image result for maths

Our WALT was - WALT: Find fractions of a set using multiplication and division. So we started off with a fraction which was - 2/5 of 30 = ?. I immediately knew the answer so I raised my hand up, Others knew the answer too but I really wanted to show my strategy.

My strategy was - Since 1/5 of 30 = 6 then if I repeat the equation 2 more times and get the same answer - The answer will be 12 because 6 x 2 = 12. I was happy that I figured out a strategy to solve it but I didn't get a chance to explain it so I just waited for the next equation.

The other equation was - 3/9 of 45 and also immediately I already knew that answer because I used the same strategy as the last equation. Here is my strategy - 1/9 of 45 = 5 so If I repeat the equation 3 more times then ALL of the answers to those equations will be 5 so 5 x 3 = 15 and 15 is the answer.

After that we finished our group session and headed back to our tables but we had to pack up. After we packed up, We got ready to go and have our Morning Tea.

What are some strategies you would use to solve the number problems?

Do you have any other ways to solve these equations?

Thanks for reading!

Many Thanks,
Akanesi

No comments:

Post a Comment