Pages

Friday 22 September 2017

🎉Happy Late Birthday Dad🎉

IALT: To reflect about my dad's birthday yesterday!

G'day mate and Greetings to you all...
Welcome back to my blog!

Image result for rip happy birthday dad

Yesterday, It was my father's birthday and He was turning 68! Sadly, He passed away on June 20th, 2014. So as soon as ALL of my siblings, mum and nephews arrived home from work and school, We went straight to to the Purewa Cemetery to visit my Dad and wish him a Happy Birthday! We came with a Elvis Presley cake and candles since Elvis Presley is his absolute favourite singer! We also came with balloons so ALL of us get one each so we could let it go into the sky, But before we did that - We took the cake out of the box and put it next to my dad's grave, Then we took photo's and put the candles on the cake then lighting it. My younger nephews blew the candles and we then sang Happy Birthday to my Father! We were sad because 2 siblings were missing from our little celebration at the cemetery and it was my older sister and brother who lived in Australia! 

Image result for rip happy birthday dad

 But was more upsetting was that my older brother's son is my dad's namesake and they weren't able to come because they were very busy but my older brother and sister were the first people who sended their birthday wishes for my dad to us and they wished they came but they couldn't! So after singing Happy Birthday to my Father, We untangled the balloons and wrote lovely messages onto it with a black sharpie so my father could read it when we let it go to Heaven! As we let the balloons go up into the sky, It was so fast that 5 seconds later - It was already up high in the sky. So as we watched the balloons go to the sky, We ALL yelled out "WE LOVE YOU DAD/GRANDPA!" And said our goodbye's to my Father and also my Grandmother whose grave was just across my father's grave.

It was tearful knowing that he was gone, But we think about him EVERYDAY and NIGHT! Rest in Paradise Soane Tava Tu'uholoaki! Gone but NEVER forgotten, You will 24/7 ALWAYS be in our hearts FOREVER!

Many Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Those we love cam never be more than a thought away...for as long as there's a memory they live in our hearts to stay. This is a very heart felt and touching post Akanesi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Akanesi,
    Great Job on that.That was very amazing that you did this to your father up in heaven.Happy Birthday to him Cuz and RIP to him!
    Great Job Akanesi!

    ReplyDelete