Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

🌤Summer Learning Journey, Day 1 (Arriving In NZ) - Bonus🌤

IALT: Learn a new sport that I have NEVER heard before which is "Waka Ama".

Hello EVERYBODY!
Welcome back to my blog!

So the bonus activity for Day 1 is Waka Ama, Waka Ama is a sport that is mostly played in New Zealand. As I already told you on my last blogpost - A waka is a traditional Maori canoe that Maori people use back in the day to go fishing & explore the ocean!

So our task was to read a extract from a website about the sport then answer a question which is "Would you like to be in a Waka Ama race or not?".  
So my answer is : Yes because it is a new sport and I like to try new things, and sports is a HUMONGOUS part in my life cause it's fun and I am VERY competitive. 

Whaingaroa Hoe tournament, Raglan Harbour, 2012

What are your thoughts on the work that had just been completed?!

Have you EVER did Waka Ama?

& If you have, Why'd you choose that sport instead of something else?

Click on the Waka Ama person to go onto the website & read the extract ...🚣...

Thanks for reading!

Kind Regards,
Your Summer Learning Journey Blogger - Akanesi!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Akanesi

    I love how you written this task it is terrific.
    If you were to be in the Waka ama which country would you represent? Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akanesi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    That's awesome that you would like to be in a Waka Ama race! It sounds like the perfect sport for someone competitive. What sorts of things would have to do to prepare for the race?

    What other sports do you play? I don't play sports but I enjoy watching them!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete