Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Kiwisport (Basketball) - Akanesi

WALT: Make a reflection based on our Kiwisport!
Today, Room 9 went down to the basketball courts to have our KiwiSport. Our KiwiSport was Basketball. We were learning to pass properly like Chess Passing, Overhead Pass and Bounce Passing, and our Instructors were Hyrum and Peter. They came from a company called ABSL, It's a Basketball Company. We had to partner with someone so I decided to partner up with Leilani. We had face each other then move a few steps back then Chess Pass to each other. 

Image result for basketball

Hyrum said that if you Chess Pass correctly and get no mistakes then the rest had to do 10 star jumps while you said there and watch. So Me and Leilani gently Chess Passed correctly and guess what? Me and Leilani did the best Chess Pass so we just got to stand there while the rest get their punishment. 

We played 2 games and one of them was called a Miami Drill and we were having to do 3 Layouts to win. We got into 2 teams and competed with each other. We had to Chess Pass to each other and as soon as we got to the Basketball Hoop, we had to shoot the ball into the hoop. 

The team that gets 3 points first wins while the other team had to face their consequence, Sadly we lost so we had to do a Suicide Runs. 

What I found Challenging was when we had to do Overhead Passes. I was struggling because my arms hurt when I putted it over my head and chuck it to my partner who was 5 or 6 steps away. Also the other game that we played had running in it and I was struggling to run because it was so slippery that I ankle braked but Lucky I didn't injure my Ankle.

I felt so exhausted before but it was a good wakeup call to the KiwiSport we were doing. I also felt tired and dizzy when we were doing drills because there were so much Running.

Thanks for reading and I hope you like my Kiwisport Reflection!

No comments:

Post a Comment