Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2018

πŸ‘¨πŸ½‍🎨 Duffy Assembly πŸ‘¨πŸ½‍🎨

IALT: Reflect about the Duffy Assembly!

Guten Morgen and greetings to you all...
WELCOME BACK TO MY BLOG!

Image result for duffy books

Today, we just had assembly! Our special guest/role model was Michel Mulipola. He is a polynesian comic artist who absolutely LOVE drawing ever since he was young, his favourite character when he was young was X-Men. He is also a professional wrestler who has met WWE stars - Rey Mysterio, Aj Styles, Ric Flair and the legendary King Haku who was the ONLY Tongan WWE wrestler!

I was lucky because I got to greet him, and the Remuera Rotary Club who are the people that sponsor Duffy books for us. So we walked to the hall, and the assembly started. We introduced Michel Mulipola to the whole school, and he started talking about what he does, where he works, and what places he's traveled to. 

Image result for michel mulipola upcoming comic book

He also told us about his books that he has Illustrated like for example, the school journals at this school. He has also Illustrated comics for Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns (From WWE) which Samoa Joe has wrote, and did the same for John Cena.

The comic book that he is currently working is called 'Headlock'. I've only seen images about it and it does look quite scary and interesting so I wish I would like to read it :(

What made me enjoy this was when he was talking about his wrestling career, because I like to watch wrestling a lot actually, but sadly he wasn't able to pursue it because he just does it for fun so he could relieve all his stress, and take it out on the person he's wrestling.

Here's a photo of him in his wrestling mask:

Image result for michel mulipola


He also wrote the books 'Samoan Heroes', 'Cook Island Heroes', and my favourite - 'Tongan Heroes' which my brother in law Charlie bought that I currently have at home sitting on my drawer. I read it, and it involves Valerie Adams, Queen Salote, King Haku, and Paea Wolfgramm. I still read that book, because it interests me a lot.

Michel has many passions which makes me be inspired by him a lot, and maybe one day - I could pursue a career of being a wrestler instead of just doing it for fun even though I want to be a flight attendant or a singer.

Question: Have you ever met Michel Mulipola? Because I have.
But if you haven't, what's one question you'd ask him?

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more blog posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment